Glasgow: James Maclehose
Second Limited Edition [225 copies]; Published Date: 1878
100 photographic plates; 2 maps; 1 etching.
330 x 270 mm (13 x 11 inches) - xvi, 289pp + plates.
Green/gilt hardback cloth cover with red leather spine.
VG: in very good condition without dust jacket as issued. Spine scuffed. Eps foxed with occasional set-off within.
...the most full and exact account...that has ever been published, much of the information contained in which appears now for the first time. Additional insert describing the content and listing the houses photographed stating that the cost of publishing the work was so high that purchase should only be made by applying to the publisher and was not available to 'trade'. Includes: Aikenhead House, Annfield, Auchinraith, Auchintoshan house, Auldhouse, Ballancleroch, Bardowie, Barlanark, Bedlay House, Bellahouston, Belvidere House, Blythswood House, Bredisholme, Cadder House, Calder Park, Campbellfield, Capelrig, Carbeth Guthrie, Carntyne House, Castlemilk, Cathkin, Cessnock, Clober House, Cochna, Cowlairs, Craigend Castle, Carighead, Craigmaddie, Criagpark House, Craigton, Crossbasket, Dalbeth, Daldowie, Dalmarnock House, Dalmuir House, Drumpellier, Easterhill House, Edinbarnet, Eldinbarnet, Elderslie House, Farme, Gairbraid, Gallowflat, Garnkirk House, Garscadden, Garscube, Gartferry House, Gartsherrie, Germiston, Gilmorehill, Glenarbuck, Golfhill House, Greenbank, Greenfield House, Haggs Castle, Hallside, Househill, Ibroxhill, Jordanhill, Kelvinbank House, Kelvingrove House, Kelvinside, Kenmure, Killermont, Kilmardinny, Landside, Long Calderwood, Lynn, Mains, Milheugh, Meadow Park House, Milliken House, Moore Park, Mountblow, Mount Vernon, Newton, Northwoodside House, Orbiston House, Plantation, Petershill, Pollock House, Possil, Ralston, Ralston, Rosebank, Ruchill, Scotstoun, Shield Hall, Shawfield, Slatefield, Springbank, Stobcross House, Thronbank House, Tollcross, Wellshot, Westburn, Wetthorn House, Whitehill House, Wolfe's House, York Hill; map of Glasgow 1776; map of Glasgow 1807.
Click an image to enlarge